• Author of three novels (The A-Men, The A-Men Return and Forever A-Men), Elementae, plus Shadowmagick, a collection of poetry, songs, travel journals, short stories and other miscellaneous writing.
• Nominated finalist in the 2009 YouWriteOn Book Awards.
• Fully trained Native American Shaman in the Lakota Sioux tradition. Fully trained Bard, Ovate and Druid in the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids.
• Creator and designer of AEs Mail Adventure, the award-winning interactive writing game. Winner of Best New Game and Best Gamesmaster in the UK.
• Previously head of the AEs Society, an international group of shared-world authors and writers.
• Publishing credits for my short stories and poetry include Twisted Tales, The Poetry Society: Endless Poetry, Beautiful Dragons: My Dear Watson, Full Metal Orgasm, Broadsword magazine, Interactive Fiction magazine and Wildfire magazine.
THE A-MEN TRILOGY
Trevillian's dystopian noir is a mix of hardboiled science fiction, fast-paced future noir and urban fantasy.
Readers join The Nowhereman, Sister Midnight, Pure, D’Alessandro and the 23rdxenturyboy as they fight for their lives on a non-stop ride into a nightmarish world bordering fantasy and reality.
If the world’s going to end, pray it doesn’t end like this.
A futuristic action-lover's must read
Wow... Just wow!
The Arts' Council
Action packed and exciting
True Science Fiction
Gritty, dark, funny... Mysterious and compelling
Half Mad Max and half Warhammer 40,000
Nostalgia For Infinity
A punk rock wet dream
The New Podler Review of Books
John Trevillian is an award-winning British author of neopunk science fiction. Fascinated by the crossover points of technology, religion and myth, Trevillian’s work is informed as much by the roles of magazine editor, technology writer and IT journalist as his training in the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids and Native American Shamanism (Lakota Sioux). He also travels extensively and is founder of the Talliston interior design and art project.
Jack is a man with no memory, awakening in a dark and dangerous metropolis on the eve of its destruction. The only clue to his former life: a handwritten note in the pages of a book of faerie tales entitled Forevermore. Marked for death in a peacekeeping force sent to quell the riots, he finds sanctuary and survival with other renegades on the streets of Dead City.
Battling to survive, they form the infamous A-Men, misfits who have a unifying dream: to be special. Yet that is until their paths cross with Dr Nathaniel Glass and his mysterious experiment locked deep beneath the Phoenix Tower.
US hardback $19.64 Kindle £1.87
The A-Men Return
Four years have passed since the destruction of the Phoenix Tower and with it the infamous A-Men. The once-great Dead City is now a no-go zone; abandoned and forgotten. Living in this nightmarish underworld Jack is a twisted shadow of his former self, a lone survivor in a world of warring ganglords and their crazed disciples. Yet something is stirring in the sanctuary of the near-space starstations; a realisation that its governing sentience is dying and the one thing that can save civilisation fell to earth a long, long time ago.
From unrelentingly visceral to outrageously comic, this is a harsh and poetic twenty-second century noir fable. Yet beneath the hardboiled action is a philosophical journey of one man's rebirth in a harsh and unforgiving world. It's The A-Men. Only harder, faster: darker.
US hardback $21.18 Kindle £3.84
Switching Dead City for the crystal arks of the thirteen corporate colonies, Jack comes face to face with the full extremity of D'Alessandro's master plan. Awakening as godking in the fantasy realms of Forevermore, effectively trapped within the pages of his own faerie tale book, he realises his only chance at redemption is to reform the A-Men for one last amazing adventure.
With the help of Pure, Dingo the Wonder Dog and the blind, psychic detective Arken Ellis Winterman, Jack finds his path leads inextricably back to D'Arkadia, his family's deserted starstation, for a final confrontation with the terrible past he has tried so desperately to escape. An astonishing final chapter to the A-Men trilogy, this is a story of the realisation that nothing is forever, and of identifying what is important before it is far, far too late.
US hardback $22.46 Kindle £4.11
Other published works
A Poetical Journey Through the Elements of Fire, Air, Earth,
Water & Shadow
There are just some things people do. That they always have and always will. For John Trevillian that thing is to write. He wrote his first poem aged four and a half. This collection shows that he never stopped.
Trevillian won his first poetry award while still at grammar school and from those humble beginnings his exploration of the themes of belief, urban mythicism and the five elements have developed and multiplied into this collection.
My Dear Watson
The Very Elements In Poetry
Trevillian chose Element #118 Ununoctium to write The One Hundredth And Eighteenth Door for inclusion in this poetry anthology covering the entire periodic table.
To those of a scientific disposition it is a tool. 118 or so squares divided into sections, metals here, Noble Gases there, arranged into periods and groups. Gorgeous, if you know how to read it. To the rest of us, mysterious, a code to unlock another world. Fair game, then, for poetry which sometimes aspires to decode human experience.
Twisted Tales 2013
Flash Fiction With A Twist
This collection of twisted short stories investigates the thin line between the good in us all, and the lurking evil. Some of the stories seek the motivation, others deliberately take an opposing view, but all will surprise you with their perspective.
Trevillian contributed One Door Closes... – a horror scenarios crafted from a honeymooning couple in Iceland with the most delicious twist in its barbed tail.
The Adventures of Bettie
The life and loves, wit and wisdom of the go-getting, globetrotting thirtynineforever girl about town.
The Adventures of Bettie is a spoken word audio comedy presented as the audio diary of the irrepressible force of nature that is Bettie. Starring Leah Frederick as Bettie with additional voices from Bob Puthoff. The series was written and produced by John Trevillian.
The Adventures of Bettie Season One (Episodes 1-18)
The Adventures of Bettie: Season Two (Episodes 19-36)
The Adventures of Bettie: Season Three (Episodes 37-54)
The Complete Season Collection
Season One £6.73
Season Two £6.73
Season Three Soon!
Of course I wasn't born Trevillian. Trevillian is someone that I have become. A kind of reinvention. He's not who I was, or even who I will end up, but he's who I am right now. I have been him from the time I wrote my very first word, but it took a while to get all the elements together to really know who he really was, and I'll be him until all the words are done. For when I have finally finished writing everything I can possibly think of to write, everything I have ever wanted to write – and rather than repeat any of it – I will simply pack him up and move on.
In this timeline I have included dates, times and places that have inspired, influenced and shaped my life. Looking back in this way I have noticed certain recurring cycles around which my job, relationships and life revolve. These are placed here to add form to what would otherwise be an arbitrary list. I have also included when I met the people who now occupy places at the table in Talliston and form part of my family, plus rough start dates for major works of writing, significant events and commencement/completion of projects.
• 1990: Susie leaving (second to leave the Talliston table). Robert leaving (third to leave Talliston table). First viewing, naming and moving in to Talliston for start of the Talliston House & Gardens project. Vincent meeting (eleventh to join Talliston table). Started composing songs for The Night album project. Started compiling all poetry, songs, journals, literature and media into single volume entitled Shadowmagick. The Case of the WitchCross Key, The St. Peter Papers and The Magus Report: MI7 Roleplaying horror adventures at Chadwell Heath, Essex. Started The Boathouse (bathroom) project at Talliston.
• 1991: Start of the AEs Society, a group of shared-world authors writing in the fantasy, horror and dark future genres using the Storycrafting system. Launched Wildfire magazine. Wrote The Wasters short story. The Leviathan Incident, The Demons of Dr Damien Blake and The RavenClaw Mystery: MI7 Roleplaying horror adventures at Talliston.
• 1992: Down At The Werehouse dark future party at Talliston (with graffiti-painted walls, cyberpunk movies and 2am gunfight). Began writing Cutter's Wood, based upon childhood holiday's camping at Bethesda in Cornwall and discovery of embryonic Gardens of Heligan project. Colin meeting (twelfth to join Talliston table). The Shadow of the Nightcrow: MI7 Roleplaying horror adventure at Talliston. Rock Star Challenge event at Talliston.
• 1993: Fourth seven-year cycle. Started working as editor at Dennis Publishing on Computer Shopper magazine. Vicky meeting (thirteenth to join Talliston table). Animal House party at Talliston (with dorm theme, togas and alien encounters). Started writing The A-Men Return (second book in The A-Men trilogy). The Jackshadow Tapes and The Hour of the God Machine: MI7 Roleplaying horror adventures at Talliston. Yoof TV Challenge event at Talliston. Photographic Scavenger Hunt Challenge event at Talliston. Dream Park Roleplaying fantasy adventures at Talliston. Started The Fountain Courtyard (back garden) project at Talliston.
• 1994: Began series of Reantasy live events mixing real life and fantasy elements (first event is Peter Pan-inspired Neverland). Tex-Mex party at Talliston. Neverland Reantasy fantasy event at Talliston. Midnight at Ravenshold Living Theatre fantasy event at Sandhurst, Kent. Trivial Pursuits Challenge event at Talliston. Num-Nums Challenge event at Talliston.
• 1995: Beach party at Talliston (complete with indoor beach and swimming pool). Began series of Occultus Earth modern horror events using the self-penned Living Theatre system. Night of the Psychomentium Living Theatre horror event at Lavenham, Suffolk. The Unseen Living Theatre horror event at Talliston. Killing Dawn Living Theatre horror event at Priory Wood, Essex. Mask of the Revenant Living Theatre horror event at Uckfield, Sussex. Banquet of Illusions Living Theatre fantasy event at Watford, Hertfordshire. Flight to Kazadjian Living Theatre fantasy event at Priory Wood, Essex. Started The Room of Dreams (guest bedroom) project at Talliston.
• 1996: Glam Rock party at Talliston (with mirrors, smoke machines and trashy clothing). The Travelling Man Living Theatre horror event at Talliston. Return to Ravenshold Living Theatre fantasy event at Sandhurst, Kent. Back to the Werehouse Roleplaying dark future adventure at Talliston. Colin leaving (fourth to leave Talliston table).
• 1997: Vincent leaving (fifth to leave Talliston table). Gareth meeting (fourteenth to join Talliston table). Paul meeting (fifteenth to join Talliston table). Manifestation Living Theatre horror event at Priory Wood, Essex. Prime Evil Living Theatre horror event at Priory Wood, Essex.
• 1998: Third eleven-year cycle. Vampires Hallowe'en party at Talliston. The Secrets of Cutter’s Wood Reantasy horror event at Talliston. Key of Darkness Living Theatre horror event at Pinner, Middlesex. Re: Vampires Living Theatre horror event at Talliston. AEs: Underworld Roleplaying fantasy adventures (The Fall of Zin; Rûan, the Prince of Dâríknez; Forbidden Dêth) at Talliston. Started The Office (box-room) project at Talliston.
• 1999: Started writing 111 Edward Street, shared world soap project. Travelled to view solar eclipse at Penzance in Cornwall, United Kingdom. Party at the End of the Century at Talliston. Force Majeure Reantasy horror event at Talliston. The Chosen Reantasy horror event at Talliston. Locus Living Reantasy horror event at Talliston. The Abomination Reantasy horror event at Talliston. The Hunting Reantasy horror event at Talliston. Mor D’Mor Living Theatre horror event at Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
• 2000: Fifth seven-year cycle. Started working as managing editor at Publicis-Blueprint on range of titles (including Inmarsat Via Inmarsat, Renault Vanguard, 3Com Executive Intelligence, Nestlé, MFI, Canadian Tourist Commission The Spirit of Canada and CMGI). House of Blues party at Talliston (complete with spirit bottles and voodoo garden). Talliston tenth anniversary dinner. End of the AEs Society. The Abandoned Living Theatre horror event at Talliston. Necromanteion Living Theatre horror event at Priory Wood, Essex. Shadows of Eden Living Theatre horror event at Talliston. The Watcher Reantasy horror event at Talliston. Malefick Living Theatre horror event at Downgate Wood, Sussex. Started The Voodoo Kitchen (kitchen extension) project at Talliston.
• 2001: Menya's death and leaving (sixth to leave Talliston table). Started writing The A-Men (first book in The A-Men trilogy). Travelled to view solar eclipse on island in Zambezi River, Zambia, Africa. Bloodline of the Sith Roleplaying fantasy adventure at Talliston. Second vowtaking and next Best Year of my Life.
• 2002: Started working as managing editor at Pageant Media. Launched eGaming Review in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Garden Party at Talliston. New Year's Eve Casino Royale party at Talliston (in Winston Lovechild's 70s Love Lounge, complete with Elvis live on stage). Started writing Occultus Earth novel and diaries. B-Movie Challenge event at Talliston. Joined the Order of Bards, Ovates And Druids.
• 2003: Second nineteen-year cycle. Crimewatch UK Challenge event at Talliston. Paul leaving (seventh to leave Talliston table). Marcus meeting (sixteenth to join Talliston table). Halfway To Hell party at Talliston (with indoor forest grove, black feast and seven deadly sins). Started The Hall of Mirrors (hall & stairs) project at Talliston. Lu meeting (seventeenth to join Talliston table).
• 2004: Started writing Mereddinsaga, based upon stories and poems composed during my years in the Far Isles Medieval Society. Completed Bardic grade of the Order of Bards, Ovates And Druids.
• 2005: Started working as editor at Bernard Hodes Group. Started writing Forever A-Men (third book in The A-Men trilogy). Launched Shadowmagick blog. Danse Mystère Living Theatre event at Toad Hall, Suffolk. Talliston fifteenth anniversary dinner.
• 2006: Started working as Senior Content Manager for Publicis-Blueprint. Finished writing Forever A-Men and completed final redraft of The A-Men trilogy. Zombieville! Roleplaying horror adventure at Talliston. Started The Watchtower (living & dining room) project at Talliston.
• 2007: Sixth seven-year cycle. Launched Trevillian.com. Completed Advanced Native American Shaman teachings with the Dakota Sioux. Started The Tipi (tent) project at Talliston. Pandoro's Travelling Fayre Living Theatre fantasy event for Nyctophobia at Harmergreen Wood, Hertfordshire.
• 2008: Midsummer at Talliston party (Victorian faerie theme). Recorded dramatised extracts from The A-Men. Midwinter at Talliston party (Victorian Christmas theme). Completed Ovate grade of the Order of Bards, Ovates And Druids. The Scrimschander’s Revenge Roleplaying fantasy adventure at Talliston. Started The Treehouse Sanctuary (attic) project at Talliston.
• 2009: Third eleven-year cycle. Launched Talliston.com. Signed contract to publish The A-Men novel with Troubador Publishing. Mission: Red Planet Roleplaying fantasy adventure at Talliston. Started The Cabin (garden shed) and The Starhouse (conservatory) projects at Talliston. Published Elementae: A Poetical Journey Through The Elements Of Fire, Air, Earth, Water And Shadow.
• 2010: Bête Noire Living Theatre horror event at Buckland House, Devon. Published The A-Men novel. Lin & Bryn meeting (eighteenth and nineteenth to join Talliston table). Began series of Talliston events (Talliston Unplugged #1: The Floe, Talliston Unplugged #2: Playing Rapunzel, Talliston Supperclub #1: Twentieth Anniversary Dinner, Talliston Supperclub #2: Death in Venice Murder Mystery Dinner, Talliston Invitation To View #1). Signed contract to publish The A-Men Return with Troubador Publishing. Published The A-Men audio podcasts. Started The Labyrinth (front garden) and The Haunted Bedroom (master bedroom) projects at Talliston.
• 2011: Published The A-Men Return novel. Continued series of Talliston events (Talliston Unplugged #3: Talis Kimberley, Talliston Presents #1: Essex Murders (with Linda Stratmann), Talliston Supperclub #3: Murder On Misty Island Murder Mystery Dinner). Launch of The Adventures of Bettie | Season One (Episodes 1-18). Signed contract to publish Forever A-Men with Troubador Publishing.
• 2012: Lu leaving (eighth to leave Talliston table). Creation of the Talliston Writers' Circle. Sarah meeting (twentieth to join Talliston table). Michelle meeting (twenty-first to join Talliston table). Sue meeting (twenty-second to join Talliston table). Published Forever A-Men novel and launch of The Adventures of Bettie | Season Two (Episodes 19-36). Completed Druid grade of the Order of Bards, Ovates And Druids. Next season of Talliston events (Talliston Presents #2: Medieval Tales (with Clare Goodall), Talliston Supperclub #4 Maiming of the Shrew Murder Mystery Dinner, Talliston Presents #3: World's End At Talliston).
• 2013: Won Twisted Tales Flash Fiction Competition (One Door Closes...) and National Poetry Competition: Endless Poetry (XSS Dreamfarer). Creation of the Talliston Poetry Circle. Undead Island Roleplaying horror adventure at Talliston. Relaunched Talliston.com and Talliston Times newsletter. Next season of Talliston events (Talliston Supper Club #5: Down The Rabbit Hole Dinner Party, Talliston Supper Club #6: A Midsummer Night Dinner Party, Talliston Supper Club #7: The Tragical Mystery Tour Murder Mystery Dinner, Talliston Supper Club #8: Tastes of Tuscany – An Italian Dinner Party, Talliston Supper Club #9: The Haunting of Manse L’Estrange Dinner Party, Talliston Supper Club #10: Night's Dark Dreaming A Steampunk Mystery Theatre Dinner Party, Talliston Unplugged #4: Cara Winter, Talliston Supper Club #11: A Victorian Christmas Dinner Party).
• 2014: Started working as Project Manager for Pearson Education. Launched Talliston Night Bar and Talliston Tea Rooms. Next season of Talliston events (Talliston Unplugged #5: Kevin Pearce, Talliston Supper Club #12: Valentine’s at Talliston Dinner Party, Talliston Supper Club #13: Roman Ruins Murder Mystery Dinner, Talliston Supper Club #14: Tastes of Marrakesh – A Moroccan Dinner Party, Talliston Presents #4: John Clare 150th Anniversary Evening, Talliston Presents #5: The Cotton Club Prohibition Party, Talliston Tea Rooms #1: A Vintage Tea Party, Talliston Presents #6: GilesG Photography Day, Talliston Presents #7: The Great War 100th Anniversary Poetry Night, Talliston Supper Club #15: Twenty-fourth Anniversary Dinner, Talliston Supper Club #16: An Affair To Dismember Murder Mystery Dinner, Talliston Presents #8: Hallowe’en At Talliston: A Night of Twisted Faerie Tales). Finished The Haunted Bedroom (master bedroom) project at Talliston. Launched Talliston Twitter hashtags (#sotalliston / #sonottalliston).
• 2015: Celebrated Half Century Birthday Weekend in London. Published in Beautiful Dragons 4: My Dear Watson poetry anthology (The One Hundred And Eighteenth Door | Ununoctium). Next season of Talliston events (Talliston Tours: Invitation To View 2015, Talliston Twenty-Fifth Anniversary & Neverland Dinner Party, Talliston Presents #8: The Grand Open House Weekend, Talliston Unplugged #6: Leddra Chapman). Finished The Hall of Mirrors (hall & stairs), The Cabin (garden shed) and The Starhouse (conservatory) projects at Talliston. Completed the Talliston House & Garden project (including The Enchanting of Talliston). Started writing Talliston: A Novel. Created, developed and launched The Talliston Oracle. Third vowtaking and next Best Year of my Life.